While all states have great things about them, there is something truly special about Illinois. Here at Mangold Ford, we are proud to be Illinoisans. Here are what we think are the top five reasons to live in Illinois.
- Illinois has introduced some delicious food to the American palate. Just take one bite of a deep dish Chicago-style pizza or snack on some of the unique popcorn flavors and you’ll never want to leave.
- “Green” buildings. Illinois has more “green” buildings than any other state. This means our state focuses on constructing sustainable buildings that use fewer energy and water resources than the average building.
- The Cubs won the World Series! You won’t find more die-hard fans than those here in Illinois.
- Being flat. After Florida, which is barely above sea level, Illinois is the flattest state in the country. In fact, another nickname for someone from Illinois is a Flatlander.
- Our spirit. We Illinoisans are a hearty bunch. We suffer through long, cold winters, have had more than our fair share of political scandals, and come out unfazed and stronger than ever.
What is your favorite thing about living in Illinois?