Summer is a great time of year in Illinois and there are fun events and things to do nearly every day. Here are some upcoming summer events in Illinois you should plan on attending.
- Music Under the Stars. Enjoy an evening of music while the Freeport Concert Band performs at the Koening Outdoor Performance Amphitheater. There will be concerts July 17th and 24th at 7:30pm.
- Findlay Walleye Festival. If you love fish, head to Findlay July 29th and 30th for the annual Walleye festival. Fish will be served all day along with plenty of other food, fun, and festivities.
- Cobden Peach Festival. Bring home a bounty of locally grown peaches and have some fun, too, at the Cobden Peach Festival August 5th and 6th.
- Northalsted Market Days. Enjoy the largest two-day street festival in the Midwest on August 13th and 14th on Halstead Street in Chicago. There will be unique vendors, local food, artisan crafts, and more.
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival. Head to Illinois State University in Bloomington for its annual summer Shakespearian festival. The festival run through August 15th and plays this year include Hamlet, Twelfth Night, and other modern works.
Which summer events in Illinois are you adding to your calendar?