Fall is one of the best times of the year in Illinois. The weather is cooling down, the holiday decorations are going up, and the activities list is growing longer and longer. Here are some of the most fun events in Peoria, near Eureka this fall.
Wicked. What better way to celebrate the Halloween season than by going to see Wicked in theaters? On Wednesday, October 26, this fantastic play will be showing in the Peoria Event Center at 7:30pm.
Haunted Peoria Tour. Do you know all of the myths and legends surrounding Peoria? Come out to the haunted Peoria tour, which runs every Saturday and Sunday throughout October, to learn about the ghost stories of Peoria.
Relax Under the Stars. A free event that is perfect for the entire family, Relax Under the Stars takes place in the Planetarium of the Peoria Riverfront Museum every first Wednesday of the month from 12pm- 1pm.
Hayrides and Hotdogs. There is nothing that says fall quite like a hayride on a cool autumn day, though hotdogs are a huge bonus. On October 20th at Sommer Park (5pm-7pm), there will be hayrides, food, sack races, and all kinds of other fall activities.
Our area has a lot to offer this fall, so get yourselves out and about and experience what makes the fall such a great season!
It seems like more and more muscle cars on the market are upping their game when it comes to aerodynamics, weight loss, power under the hood, and even the material they are made of, but the newest name in the Mustang lineup is ready to take the world by storm with its unparalleled power in a sleek but aggressive package. The new 800-hp Mustang Shelby GT500 already has enthusiasts clamoring to try it out.
Right now the GT500 is little more than a legend, with few sneak peeks at it beyond a couple spy shots and rumor reports. However, Autocar seems to be in the know, reporting that the next-gen iteration of the Mustang Shelby GT500 will get a boost from the previous model’s 662-HP engine to a whopping 800 hp. That will rank it above the current highest power rating on the market – Dodge’s 707-hp Hellcat engine in the Charger and Challenger.
It’s rumored that the new 800- hp Mustang will utilize twin turbochargers to achieve its staggering feat of engine power. Other features will include an aerodynamic body kit, Brembo brakes, and custom-made, track-ready sport tires. Specs on the engine aren’t yet available, but sources speculate it will use an eight-cylinder motor.
Students and parents don’t always agree on what makes a great car for a teenager. Parents are more concerned about safety and practicality; kids want something that looks good to impress their friends. However, Kelley Blue Book recently sought to close the gap by seeking out the best back-to-school cars that combine style and practicality – and the Ford Fiesta was ranked among them.
The Ford Fiesta is a subcompact car, which means it’s small and lightweight. This means it is both fuel-efficient and easier to maneuver. You won’t have to worry about navigating into tight parking spaces in the Fiesta, and you will save your teen (or you, if you’re the one who gives out gas money) plenty of cash in the way of fueling up with its 37 mpg highway. Plus, with a bold, modern style and fun driving dynamics, the Fiesta is stylish, too.
Another thing that earned the Fiesta its spot among the best back-to-school cars is its incredible price. The Fiesta can typically be found for under $15,000, making it a great, budget-friendly option for kids looking to buy their first car. And if you’re a good student, maybe you can even convince your parents to opt for the more powerful ST model.
Ford designers think of everything. That’s why the new 2017 Ford Super Duty pickup will come with unique transformable cupholders, with a two-into-four-barrel design. This new system will help accommodate multiple types of drink containers, and it can also be transformed into a storage area. With this much attention to details, you know the 2017 Ford Super Duty is bound to be better than ever.
So what exactly does this cupholder look like? The two-into-four-barrel cupholder assembly will arrive sometime in the fall. According to Ford, you will be able to slide two cupholders over each other to serve as two cupholders. Alternatively, you can slide them back (side to side) so that there are a total of four. This lets you choose between a combination of four cupholders or two cupholders and a storage bin.
“Hard working Super Duty customers love having cupholders and storage close at hand,” says Doug Scott, Ford truck group marketing manager. “This innovative and transformable cupholder is another insightful example of how the Ford Truck Team knows truck customers better than anyone else.”
When properly configured, this new cupholder system increases the total number of cupholders in the cabin to 10. That means you’ll never have to search for space, making it easier to find your drink when you’re on the go. When we say the Ford Super Duty is going to be more convenient than ever, we really mean it.
The 2017 Ford F-150 is getting a new powertrain, including an exciting EcoBoost engine that’s been in the works for nearly two years. Ford engineers have been working hard to provide the best combination of efficiency and power, finally developing this innovative breakthrough that’s bound to satisfy any driver.
According to MSN, the new Ford F-150 engine options will include a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine with EcoBoost technology. Although the power plant will still generate the same 365 horsepower as its predecessor, it will get an increase of torque to 450 lb-ft. The new EcoBoost has direct and port fuel injection, as well as an electronically actuated wastegate system.
“The Ford truck team lives to serve our hardworking truck customers,” said Raj Nair, Ford executive vice president of Product Development and chief technical officer. “The powertrain is the heart of every F-150, and together our all-new 3.5-liter EcoBoost and 10-speed transmission will give our customers better power, efficiency and confidence.”
Paired with this new engine is a 10-speed automatic transmission, specially designed to handle the increase of torque. Interestingly, Ford collaborated with GM to co-develop this new transmission, which promises to optimize power and efficiency, especially when heavy loads are involved. We can’t wait to see the new F-150 powertrain in action.
One of the best ways to maximize your fuel efficiency and keep more money in your pocket is by driving a hybrid. Hybrids use a combination of both a gasoline-powered engine and an electric motor to deliver impressive fuel economy numbers. Here are a few reasons why you should buy a Ford hybrid.
- Lineup. Ford has an excellent lineup of fuel-efficient, modern hybrids cars including the 2017 Fusion Hybrid, C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi, and Fusion Energi.
- Fuel efficiency. Ford’s hybrids deliver some of the best efficiency in the industry. The Fusion Hybrid has an EPA-estimated 43 mpg city and 41 mpg highway while still offering seating for up to five and an affordable starting price.
- Technology. When it comes to technology, Ford is known for offering some of the best in its cars, including the hybrids. The Fusion Hybrid comes with the new Sync 3 system along with a rearview camera, and available advanced safety features.
- Style. Many strictly hybrid models have peculiar styling that may not be your taste. For a hybrid that delivers the efficiency you need with styling you can’t forget, there is no better choice than the 2017 Fusion Hybrid.
Come experience a Ford hybrid today at Mangold Ford. We have both the Fusion Hybrid and C-MAX available now.
Summer is a great time of year in Illinois and there are fun events and things to do nearly every day. Here are some upcoming summer events in Illinois you should plan on attending.
- Music Under the Stars. Enjoy an evening of music while the Freeport Concert Band performs at the Koening Outdoor Performance Amphitheater. There will be concerts July 17th and 24th at 7:30pm.
- Findlay Walleye Festival. If you love fish, head to Findlay July 29th and 30th for the annual Walleye festival. Fish will be served all day along with plenty of other food, fun, and festivities.
- Cobden Peach Festival. Bring home a bounty of locally grown peaches and have some fun, too, at the Cobden Peach Festival August 5th and 6th.
- Northalsted Market Days. Enjoy the largest two-day street festival in the Midwest on August 13th and 14th on Halstead Street in Chicago. There will be unique vendors, local food, artisan crafts, and more.
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival. Head to Illinois State University in Bloomington for its annual summer Shakespearian festival. The festival run through August 15th and plays this year include Hamlet, Twelfth Night, and other modern works.
Which summer events in Illinois are you adding to your calendar?
This fall, the 2017 Ford F-150 will make its debut. For buyers who choose the new 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, they’ll get a new 10-speed transmission, too. This all-new transmission will deliver more torque and better acceleration for the F-150.
Ford says the torque will increase to 450 lb-ft, a best-in-class number for a V6 engine. This is an increase of 30 lb-ft over the first-generation 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine. In addition, the new transmission is the first volume-produced 10-speed transmission available from any automaker.
“The Ford truck team lives to serve our hardworking truck customers,” said Raj Nair, Ford executive vice president, Product Development, and chief technical officer, in a statement. “The powertrain is the heart of every F-150, and together our all-new 3.5-liter EcoBoost and 10-speed transmission will give our customers better power, efficiency and confidence.”
To save weight in the new transmission, engineers used advanced materials and alloys in place of cast-iron components. In addition, an integrated torque converter/turbine clutch cuts down another 2 pounds and makes the transmission slightly smaller.
The new transmission uses advanced technology to help drivers while towing and real-time-adaptive shift-scheduling ensures the transmission chooses the right gear at the right time for an optimal driving experience.
Here at Mangold Ford, we can’t wait to experience both the new 3.5-liter EcoBoost and the new 10-speed automatic transmission. You’ll be able to find both right here this fall.
As the summer quickly approaches, you are probably already planning some new adventures. If those adventures include your truck, it’s time to get your F-150 ready for summer. Check out these great Ford accessories to make your F-150 even better.
- Tonneau cover. With all the gear you’ll be hauling around, you want to make sure your stuff stays secure. Get a tonneau cover to keep your items safe and secure. There are a variety of styles to choose from, including hard covers, folding covers, and rolling covers.
- Bike rack. Sure, your truck bed can hold a lot of stuff, but bicycles take up a lot of room. Free up your bed space with a hitch-mounted bike carrier.
- Floor mats. Protect your interior from all the dirt and grime you might carry in with some all-weather floor mats that you can easily take out and hose down when things get too messy.
- Bed liner. Protect your truck bed from dings, dents, and scratches with a bed liner. They are created to perfectly fit every curve in your F-150 and will help prevent your cargo from rolling around as much.
If you want to add some great summer-ready accessories to your Ford, F-150 or otherwise, come visit our parts department here at Mangold Ford. We have a lot of accessories on hand, but can easily order whatever is not in stock.
With the Tesla 3 and Chevy Bolt grabbing headlines – you know it’s only a matter of time until Ford puts out their own long-range electric vehicle, likely a model that will best the competition with the very latest fuel efficiency technology.
In a recent conference call with investors, Ford CEO Mark Fields commented on the auto company’s future, concerning electric vehicles with more than 200 miles of range, saying, “When you look at some of the competitors and what they’ve announced, clearly, that’s something we’re developing for.”
Of course, Fields didn’t elaborate much on those development plans, but it’s safe to assume that a long-range Ford EV is in the works to be released sometime in the next few years or so, if not sooner.
Fields expanded in the conference call, saying that Ford aims to always be “among the leaders or in a leadership position” when it comes to the hottest vehicle tech, a statement backed up by years of top-notch Ford sales.
We’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information on the 200-plus mile range Ford EV, and in in the meantime, visit us anytime at Mangold Ford to check out the Ford models we have in store.